Celebrate American Holidays
God Bless America … and welcome to Celebrate American Holidays!
We live in an amazing country … not now, not ever, has there been a country like ours! In our short history, we have much to celebrate and much to remember.
Come along and read the Preamble to the US Constitution (have you ever read it?) or some moving poems for Memorial Day like In Flanders Fields and Freedom Is Not Free.
And there’s a lot more! You can do a search by specific holiday, use the "Calendar" tab on the left to find monthly celebrations and notable dates, or use the Site Map.
But that’s not all. If you dabble in poetry or short prose, you can contribute your writings to this website!
Look for the “Share” information toward the end of the page(s). If you don’t find one under the topic of your choice, simply send an email to me using the "Contact" button on the left or the top of the page. Let me know what page you would like to add your work to and I’ll take care of it immediately.
One of our frequent visitors and contributors is Bradley Peraino. He went a step further and wrote a poem about this website …
Celebrate American Holidays
Celebrate American holidays,
let your enthusiasm grow.
View the calendar daily,
to stay within the know.
Learn how holidays were born;
how they evolved and grew.
If you are a true American,
there's something here for you.
From the histories of holidays
to the remembrance of pain.
There is tons of information
just waiting for your brain.
So, please read all the poetry;
post your own prose if you care.
If you appreciate this helpful site
then, please do kindly share.
That just about says it all! One more thing – check out the Holidays Blog where you’ll find daily postings of American holidays and events.
Happy American Holidays!
Enjoy your stay and thank you for visiting.
Table of Contents
- Celebrate American Holidays Blog
- This Holiday Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Celebrate-American-Holidays.com web site. Subscribe here.
- Calendar of Holidays
- This Calendar of Holidays will give you reasons to celebrate American Holidays every day of the year!
- Short Christmas Poems
- These short Christmas poems not only rejoice the birth of Jesus but also encourage us to look within our hearts...reminders of sweet friendships, needy neighbors, forgiveness to enemies, and love.
- Flag Day
- June 14th is <b>Flag Day</b>! Many communities celebrate this historical day with parades and programs with flag displays and demonstrations.
- American Independence Day
- July 4th – American Independence Day! This is a remarkable day in our history – on July 4, 1776 the Continental Congress formally declared that the American colonies were now independent states.
- Halloween History
- Halloween history dates back to both the Celtic harvest festival called Samhain (summer’s end) and the Christian All Saints Day (All Hallows or Hallowmas).
- History of Labor Day
- Learn about the history of Labor Day if you wonder just what is Labor Day or what does Labor Day mean.
- The Meaning of Memorial Day
- The Meaning of Memorial Day - Home of the Brave.
- Military Holidays
- A celebration of Military Holidays is one way we can honor and pay respect to so many who have sacrificed for our freedoms and liberties.
- Native American Pow Wow
- The Native American Pow Wow has become a symbol of renewal for the many tribes throughout the United States and Canada.
- New Years Poems
- As the old year ends and the new year begins, the New Years poems below might just bring a little joy, hope, and humor to your life.
- Patriot Day
- Patriot Day remembers and honors the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on America.
- Patriotic Poems & Songs
- The Patriotic Poems and Songs listed below were written with love and loyalty for our country, our freedoms, and our flag. Read and share them. Spread your Patriotism!
- St Patricks Day
- St Patricks Day - Erin Go Bragh!
- Origin of Thanksgiving in America
- The origin of Thanksgiving in America and its many traditions take us back to the early days of our country.
- Valentines Day Poems
- Valentines Day poems give us the opportunity to share our feelings with others. I hope you can find words below that express your feelings of love.
- American Poems
- Welcome to American Poems. The poems you can link to below are a celebration of American poets and their poetry ... poets such as Frost, Dickinson, Sandburg ...
- Spring Poems
- Welcome to Spring poems and all the newness this season brings.
- Summer Poems
- Summer poems for your enjoyment.
- Autumn Poems
- The Autumn poems you’ll find below reflect cooler days, the loss of summer dreams, and a little humor as the season of Fall is welcomed – or at least begrudingly acknowledged.
- Winter Poems
- You can feel the cold nipping at you in these Winter Poems even though a fire may be nearby. Bare trees, mean clouds, windy scenes – or find beauty in a snowy woods and the song of a bird.
- Site Map
- Use this site map to easily find poems, quotes, and information on American holidays.
- About Me
- I want to thank you for visiting my website. I’m not a full-time webmaster but what I am is a high school teacher, working with special needs children.
- Contact Us
- I enjoy hearing from others who celebrate American holidays!
- American Resources
- On this American Resources page you will find information on books, military links, links to American travel sights and links to American -made products.